There are three essential elements in backing up and protecting your data:
- Actually doing backups, most businesses don’t seem to see the need;
- Testing or running a regular backup to ensure it works;
- Keeping a copy of a current backup offsite away from the office; fire, earthquakes tsunami’s need more be said.
If you don’t see the importance of taking a regular backup you might be interested in the following:
- 60% of companies that lose their data will close within 6 months.
- 34% of companies fail to test their backups, of those that do the failure rate is 77%.
- 6% of PC’s will lose data every year.
- Every week 140,000 PC hard drives fail (USA)
- Drive recovery can cost upwards of $7,000 per drive.
Source – Boston Computing ConsultantsDetails